We know a good recipe when we see one… and we decided to share THREE of our favorite ways to cook broccolini, available in this week’s Vegetable Box!
Try one or try them all, and we’d love to hear your comments…
1 bunch of broccolini, ends removed
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon pepper flakes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss in the broccolini and cook until bright green. About 5 minutes. Drain in a colander when done.
2) Heat the oil in a medium hot pan. When ready, toss in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for one minute and then add the broccolini to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper, and then serve up.
1 lb broccolini
Olive oil spray
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Rinse the broccolini in cool water and trim the ends. Arrange on the baking sheet.
3) Spray the broccolini with olive oil spray and then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
4) Bake for 13-15 minutes, until it just starts to brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the Parmesan is melted.
1 lb broccolini 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1) Wash and trim the broccolini and steam for 5 minutes, until it is crisp yet tender. Drain.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the broccolini and toss to coat.
Note: variations: 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper instead of black pepper or 3 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts chopped sprinkled on top
Stay organically connected!
“We Buy Local First”