Whether you are celebrating Father’s Day, the weekend or any ol’ day of the week, we’ve found the PERFECT quiche to have at brunch.
Delicious Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Adapted from Allrecipes
Makes 1, 9-inch quiche (6 servings)
- 1, 9-inch single pie crust, already prepared
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 4 oz. container crumbled feta cheese
- 8 oz. package shredded Swish cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Put pie crust into 9-inch pie dish
- Whisk in a bowl: eggs, parsley, milk, nutmeg, black pepper, garlic, salt
- In a separate bowl, combine mushrooms, spinach, onion and feta cheese.
- Spread mushroom-spinach mixture into the pie dish, and top it with half the Swiss cheese
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling evenly while swirling the egg mixture in the bowl to spread the seasonings throughout the eggs.
- Add the remaining Swiss cheese to the top of the quiche.
- Place the quiche on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the quiche is puffed and lightly browned (approximately 45 to 50 min.)
- Test the quiche with a toothpick; the toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche should come out clean.
- Cool for half an hour before serving. ENJOY!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Stay organically connected!
John, Tom & Reece
Pacific Coast Harvest
“We Buy Local First”