Sunny blue skies, warm breezes, happy smiles everywhere in this 82 degree weather…
Are we really in the Pacific Northwest this week??
With summer on our minds, we thought we’d share the most DELICIOUS summer dessert recipe. EVER.
EASY PEACH COBBLER
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium peaches)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Several dashes ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour the melted butter into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, the baking powder, and the salt and mix well. Stir in the milk, mixing until just combined. Pour this batter over the butter but do not stir them together.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and remaining cup of sugar and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour the peaches over the batter but do not stir them together. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden-brown. Serve warm or cold.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe credit: Cooking Live
Stay organically connected!
John, Tom & Reece
Pacific Coast Harvest
“We Buy Local First”