Happy Solstice, Produce Lovers!
We hope you are enjoying the longest days of the year. Today we bring you a recipe we love, with veggies we are serving this week. You can serve this one warm or cold and for breakfast or dinner, and it should be a good way to get even the kids to eat their veggies.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz broccolini, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Sautee broccolini, spinach, and garlic in butter for a few minutes, to lightly wilt spinach. Do not over cook at this stage, as these ingredients will cook further in the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, mozzarella, mustard, salt, pepper, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl.
- When the spinach is slightly wilted, transfer sautéed spinach and broccolini mixture to pie crust. Pour in egg and cheese mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool to appropriate temperature before serving.