* Serve as a salad, or as a bed of greens topped with protein of choice. Double to recipe to serve 4-6.
- 1/2 C coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C farro
- 1 Tablespoon high-heat cooking oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thin half moon slices
- 1 bunch radishes, ends removed and quartered
- 1 cameo apple, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bunch kale, stems and ribs removed, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Toast walnuts for 5-10 min. on a baking sheet, tossing occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Cook farro according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and chopped radishes and cook until tender.
- Add apples, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until ingredients are well coated. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Add kale to skillet, stir, and cook covered until kale is tender and more vibrant in color; 3-5 minutes.
- Remove walnuts from oven and let cool.
- Transfer kale salad to a serving bowl and toss with farro and walnuts.