This Memorial Day Weekend, we hope you are getting together with family and friends to honor and remember those who served our country.
The long, holiday weekend is also often celebrated as a kick-off to summer, with barbeques and happy gatherings.
That being said, we’re sharing with you a mouth-watering, barbeque marinated vegetable recipe to try out. This recipe was adapted from Allrecipes.
Barbequed Marinated Vegetables
- 3 sliced zucchinis
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 6 fresh mushrooms with the stems removed
- 1 small eggplant, cut down into ¾ inch thick slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- Put the zucchinis, red bell peppers, eggplant and mushrooms in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and basil.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetable medley
- Cover the bowl and marinate it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat
- Either put the vegetables on skewers or place the vegetables directly on the grill.
- Cook on the grill 2 or 3 minutes on each side, and brush it frequently with the marinade.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Stay organically connected!
John, Tom & Reece
Pacific Coast Harvest
“We Buy Local First”