- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, chopped and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- fresh parsley, minced
- fresh mint, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Roasted Eggplant Hummus
- one large eggplant
- 1 Tablespoons high heat cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon greek yogurt
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven with broiler on high.
- Pierce entire eggplant with fork several times. Brush with oil.
- Let broil in oven until eggplant looks burnt (severely charred). Turn eggplant to ensure all sides are charred.
- Remove eggplant from oven and let cool. Peel back skin when eggplant is cool enough to be handled with fingers.
- While eggplant is cooling, chop and prepare vegetables for salad and combine in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients well, and dress salad when ready to serve.
- Combine flesh of eggplant, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley. Serve alongside Mediterranean Salad and warm pita bread.