This post doesn’t quite relate to PCH produce or healthy living, but what’s life without a perfect chocolate chip cookie? Here’s my recipe for, quite honestly, the best cookie ever; perfect blend of salty & sweet.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I use avocado)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3-5 oz chocolate chips or favorite chocolate bar chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a food mixer, whisk sugars, oil, butter, and vanilla until smooth (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Bake 8 minutes and remove from oven. Cookies will look just done, maybe even gooey, with brown edges. Let cool and serve warm or store in ziplock bags.
* Kosher salt measurements are different than table salt measurements. Reduce to ¾ teaspoon if you only have table salt on hand. Kosher salt is the accepted standard for cooking…add it to your pantry if you’re late to the party!