- 2 delicata squash, seeded and cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons high heat cooking oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss chopped squash with oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until tender when pierced with fork.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add rice, stirring to coat with butter.
- Add wine and cook until most liquid evaporates.
- Add ½ cup broth, and salt and pepper. Stir until almost all liquid is absorbed (5-10 minutes).
- Add remaining broth ½ cup at a time allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more water (30-40 minutes).
- Stir in roasted squash and Parmesan, pomegranate seeds, and salt ot taste.