- 2 tablespoons high heat cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped to bit size pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- corn tortillas, warmed for serving
- Optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, sour cream
Pico De Gallo
- 3 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- ⅓ chopped cilantro
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno; finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium–high heat. Cook garlic until fragrant and add spices.
- Cook squash until tender, stirring regularly (10-15minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine pico de gallo ingredients in a medium bowl mix well.
- Add kale to skillet and cook covered until it begins to wilt. May need to work in batches.
- Prepare tacos by serving filling in tortillas topped with pepitas, feta cheese, and pico de gallo.