This week we’re bringing you a recipe for a kale salad to take advantage of this healthy and popular green. The ingredients list is pretty simple, but he result is deliciously satisfying. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 bunch green kale, washed and massaged
- ½ cup slivered blanched almonds, toasted
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated
Combine lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper and set aside. Wash and tear kale and vigorously rub the leaves to break down cell walls (this will make the kale much less tough).
Toast almonds on medium high heat in a skillet, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
Toss kale, cheese, and almonds and serve. Enjoy!