1 bunch kale raab, chopped small
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup gruyere
12-16 ounces of your choice of pasta
Pinch of cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add kale raab and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve until the sauce is made.
4. To make sauce, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk and stir gently. Cook until slightly thickened.
5. Add grated cheese and stir while it slowly melts over low heat.
6. When it’s reached your desired consistency, remove from heat and season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Add more milk if it becomes too thick.
7. While preparing the sauce, boil pasta to al dente. Drain and stir in cheese mixture. Add kale raab mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot!