- 1 delicata squash
- 3 tablespoons high heat cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 5-7oz package of baby arugula
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut delicate squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scrape seeds from center of squash. Chop squash into ¼” half moon slices.
- Arrange squash on a baking dish and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt
- Roast for 8 min. Flip squash and roast for additional 8-10minutes until tender when pierced with fork.
- Place walnuts in small baking dish and place in oven while squash is roasting (approximately 20 minutes). Quickly open oven and shake baking dish at various intervals to ensure walnuts toast evenly.
- Allow squash and walnuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or shake vigorously in sealed container.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, dress, and serve.