This is a warm salad that is easy to prepare and seasoned with a unique blend of spices for a complex finish. Primary technique – blanching vegetables.
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled and sliced into disks
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 quarts water
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in large stock pot. Add salt.
- Carefully spoon carrots into boiling water. Let cook for 5 minutes before adding cauliflower to water as well. Allow vegetables to cook until just tender when pierced with fork.
- Drain vegetables in a colander and briefly toss under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon, and spices. Mix well.
- Serve warm or store in refrigerator and serve cold.