- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1″ pieces
- bunch carrots, de-stemmed and sliced into 1″ pieces
- 3 tablespoons high heat cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch red chili flakes
- bunch kale, de-stememd and chopped into ribbons
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups water
- dash of salt
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tomato, sliced into 1″ pieces
- ½ cup (4 oz) feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
Avocado Creme Dressing
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss yams and carrots with oil and seasonings. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Bring water to boil. Add dried quinoa and a dash of salt. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook covered until all water has evaporated.
- Toss chopped kale with lemon juice in a large bowl and let sit.
- Combine sliced red onion and vinegar in a jar with lid and let sit.
- Prepare dressing; combine all ingredients in a food processor/blender. Add water in small increments until desired consistency is reached.
- Add cooked yams, carrots, and quinoa to bowl with kale along with remaining ingredients (onion, tomato, feta, parsley, pumpkin seeds). Dress salad and toss.