- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 oz cold, plain goat cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp cold heavy cream
- 4-5 donut peaches, sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cold butter, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar
- In bowl of food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse until well blended. Pulse in butter and goat cheese until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pulse in cream until the dough begins to clump. Press the dough into a flat disc, wrap and refrigerate until firm; at least one hour and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-inch round (approx). Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill the center with the peaches and drizzle with honey and dot with butter. Fold up sides, over peaches, pleating them as you work around the crust, leaving fruit uncovered in the center. Sprinkle pastry with sugar.
- Bake in the bottom third of oven until the pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm the day that it is made.
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup apricot, pits removed and chopped fine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3inches, with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, sugar, oil and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients except apricots, then fold in apricots. Pour into pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
- 1 3-4” patty pan squash or a few smaller ones, ends removed and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Melty cheese of your choice
- Bread, cut into slice
- In a skillet, melt one tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic and patty pan slices and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread remaining butter on two slices of bread. Place on in the skillet, butter side down. Top with shredded or sliced cheese, then patty pan slices, followed by a little more cheese. Place second slice o bread on top with butter side up. Flip when cheese has begun to melt to make flipping easier. Cook until all the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.